Pastors Janet and Allan Bishop
Pastors Janet and Allan’s testimony is one of the goodness and faithfulness of God to heal individuals, marriages, and families and establish His plans and purposes to those who will hear and obey His voice. Their desire is to raise up leaders empowered by the Holy Spirit to serve the Body of Christ and bring increase to the Kingdom of God. They believe in spreading the gospel through evangelism, outreach, and most importantly through living a life consistent with the teachings of the Bible. They believe that the church needs to be relevant to today’s society and culture without compromising the truth of God’s Word.
Pastors Janet and Allan have served in the ministry since the 1980’s in teaching, counseling and various leadership positions. Born and raised in Vermont, they met as neighbors, became high school sweethearts and married in 1971. Since graduating college, both have enjoyed steady employment. Pastor Allan, along with being the Associate Pastor of Life In Christ Fellowship, has been employed more than 23 years at the Lyndonville Electric Department. Early in her educational career, Pastor Janet taught courses for Community College and worked as a substitute teacher. Once her children were in school, she accepted a part time teaching position at the correctional facility in St. Johnsbury where she worked for more than 19 years before being called to full time ministry. Much of her employment at the correctional facility was used, not only in teaching, but working with incarcerated youth and developing specialized educational programs for them. Pastor Janet also holds a Master’s Degree in counseling and ministered in that capacity, along with her teaching, before moving with her husband to Newport, VT where she serves as Senior Pastor of Life In Christ Fellowship. Both Janet and Allan hold Doctorates in Theology and enjoy continued studies through Christian Life School of Theology/Christian Life Educators Network. Along with their love for the Lord, the Bishops enjoy spending time with their three grown children and four grandchildren.
LICF’S Statement of Faith
We believe that:
- God is one God, manifested in three Persons – the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the inspired, eternal, and infallible Word of God.
- The new birth is necessary for all. Salvation is by grace through faith.
- The Baptism of the Spirit is a subsequent experience to salvation for all believers and makes available all the gifts of the Spirit.
- The five-fold ministry gifts of apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, and teacher are for the Body of Christ today.
- The Redeemed will enjoy eternal life in heaven with Jesus their Savior while the Lost will spend eternity in the lake of fire separated from God’s presence.
- Christ’s return for His Bride is imminent, and after tribulation, He will rule on earth during the Millennium.
- The Great Commission to go, preach the gospel, and make disciples of all nations is to be fulfilled by the Church.
- Sanctification is a definite, yet progressive, work of the Spirit commencing at rebirth and continuing until the consummation of salvation.
- Water baptism is for believers and is an identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection unto new life.
- Divine healing is provided for by the work of Christ, is wrought by the power of God and is for the physical, spiritual, and emotional wholeness of each person.
- The Lord’s Supper (Communion) is to be partaken of regularly, served in a spirit of love toward God and His Body. It shows the Lord’s death until He returns.
Mission, Vision, Purposes and Guiding Principles
The mission of Life In Christ Fellowship is to obey God, learn and teach others to worship Him in Spirit and in truth, equip the saints for the work of the ministry, and fulfill the great commission of going into all the world to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and make disciples of all nations.
1. To preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be His ambassadors in the world
2. To allow God to purify our hearts and manifest His love through us to a lost and hurting world, reflecting His image accurately to a world who needs Him desperately
3. To bring healing, reconciliation, restoration, and unity to the body of Christ
4. To build relationships with one another in the body, the community, and the world
5. To equip the saints for the work of the ministry
6. To win peoples, cities, regions, and nations for Christ
7. To be a “gate church” where God’s presence is welcomed and His way prepared
8. To connect with other churches, leaders, and ministries for the increase of God’s Kingdom
9. To facilitate positive societal change through involvement in the market place and all other aspects of community living (i.e. businesses, agencies, personal relationships, civic authorities, schools, hospitals, etc.)
Stated Scriptural Purposes:
LICF is built on the foundation of all Scripture but a few key verses for us are:
- Psalm 127:1 Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it.
- Ephesians 4:11-13 Equipping the saints for the work of the ministry
- Matthew 25:34-40 Whatever you do to the least of these you have done unto Me
- John 4:23 True worshipers will worship the Lord is Spirit and in Truth
- Galatians 2:10 Remember the poor
- Isaiah 42:5-9 We’re called to be a light to the nations
- Isaiah 61:1-3 Walk in God’s anointing to preach the gospel to the poor, heal the brokenhearted, and set the captives free.
Guiding Principles: Purity, Integrity, Excellence
1. To put God first in all that we are and all that we do (Matt. 6:33)
2. To build on no other foundation than the Lord Jesus Christ (Psa. 127:1, I Cor. 3:10-11)
3. To be filled and led by the Holy Spirit (Eph. 5:18)
4. To experience and demonstrate God’s love and power, not have just a form of godliness (Eph. 1:18-20, II Tim. 3:5)
5. To love God and one another, obeying His commands (John 13:34-35, Matt.22:36-40)
6. To be servant-leaders (Matt. 20: 26-28, Rom. 12:1, I Peter 5:2-3)
7. To bathe and undergird everything in prayer (Eph. 6:18)
8. To hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matt. 5:6)
9. To remain teachable and reachable (I Peter 5:5-7)
10. To empower and embrace other ministries who seek God and worship Him in Spirit and in Truth (John 4:23)
11. To align all we do with the Word of God (II Tim. 3:16-17)
12. To be filled with Godly integrity and character (Matt. 5:8, Psa. 139:23-24)
13. To be living sacrifices unto God (Rom. 12:1)
14. To be transformed to the image of Christ by the renewing of our mind (Rom 12:2)
Please click here for a printable version of our Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision, Purposes and Guiding Principles.